Tree Modeling Options


When starting my project I thought I would model all the vegetation in 3DSMax, however this is an incredibly slow process and I don't have much experience creating 3D trees and plant life.
Below is an example of I tree I tried to create in 3DSMax. It isn't fully textured and so far I would say that it is looking ok, with a bit of tweaking and some time texturing I think it could look good. But it has taken me a long time to get it to the point its at and I have a lot more to do than one tree.

Therefore I have been looking into Procedural tree modeling and programs that can help me speed up the process. So far I have found a few apps, that I can't use as I don't own any Apple products and also some programs that specialize in creating vegetation for game environments. Unfortunately its difficult to find anything for free and these applications cost a lot of money, however I have found a program that offers a 30 day trial. Speed Tree: http://www.speedtree.com/video-game-development.php



My Tree I created in 3DSMax:




Speed Tree:
The Program I am likely to use to create the vegetation in my environment.

 Speed Tree Website

No comments:

Post a Comment