Project Specification

For my final Year Project I will be creating a 3D environment.
The Environment will be based on Japanese architecture as I will be creating a Japanese styled Tea house in a Garden.  
The Art style for my Textures and lighting will be influenced by the New Tomb Raider Game (2013) by Crystal Dynamics. 
My Environment will be mainly produced to the highest quality I can in the time frame given, keeping to the standard of the Tomb Raider Game mentioned above. I would also like to have a visual story told via the assets placed in the environment, as there will be no characters within the scene. So far I have decided that an attempted robbery has taken place. “Someone has tried to steal the Statue inside the tea house. However, they were stopped by someone”. I will try to show this scene by placing the statue half inside a sack and on the floor, to show that it was being stolen. I will place a knife on the table will blood stains on it to show someone has been injured (the robber). A trial of blood will lead outside in the garden and over a wall, to show that they escaped.

The above Specification has been changed:
Update: 20/02/2014
I don't think I will end up creating the "Scene" mentioned in the specification above.
Now I will be focusing on just getting the environment build and lit, as the textures will be inspired by the newest Tomb Raider game I will make all my assets look worn. The environment could be a lost place or somewhere no one lives, however structures and plant life still exists.   



The programs I will be using include:
- 3DSmax
- Photoshop
- Zbrush
- Marmoset Tool bag
- Ndo2
- UDK


Primary Aims (Must be completed):

Basic Construction of the interior and exterior,
One room,
Building fully textured,
Garden terrain and main plant assets modelled and textured,
lighting completed,
Sky box.

Secondary Aims (Not Necessary):

A second room,
Small secondary assets,
Secondary assets textured,
Wall around outside of environment,
Artwork on the shoji (paper walls).


Basic Schedule:

October
– Asset list, Texture list, Mood Boards, Basic level block out. (End – October 31st)
November – Start of asset creation, detailed level block out.
December – Continue with asset creation. (End – January 31st)
January – Start of texturing, finish remaining assets.
February – Final Textures and import process into UDK. (End – February 28th)
February, March – Level assembly and Lighting, Presentation shots. (End – March 12th)
All Months – Blog posts to help write report. (End – March 15th)
Prepare for hand in – March 16th – March 22nd

No comments:

Post a Comment